Boyd Refrigeration has a dedicated team that specializes in warranty service work for commercial refrigeration and ice machines that are under the Manitowoc Foodservice Group. This includes all your cooling systems, from freezers and display cases, to refrigerators and ice-makers. We are available to service and repair any commercial refrigeration system regardless of who sold it to you or installed it. We understand the importance of all your cooling systems to your business and we strive to keep you operating as efficiently as possible.
Mechanical Malfunctions of Commercial Refrigeration Systems
Commercial refrigeration equipment can break for a variety of reasons like excess wear, poor maintenance, the age of the equipment and other mechanical reasons. Our technicians are trained to diagnose and fix any problem you may encounter with your commercial refrigeration equipment.
We check for factory recommended settings and if all the scheduled maintenance has been performed and make any required adjustments. Our licensed technicians have fully equipped trucks so they can maintain and repair motors, compressors, condensing units, evaporators, piping and various other components on site. We can also work with major equipment manufacturers to have specific replacement parts and components shipped quickly to us to shorten down-time.
Emergency Repair Services
To meet this commitment to our customers, we have technicians on call 24 hours a day to handle your emergencies. From the little emergencies to full disasters, we strive to attend to your service call within two hours of receiving your service call. We will dispatch a licensed technician as soon as possible to access the problem and formulate a solution. If possible we will fix your cooling or equipment problem on site. Sometimes additional parts or repairs may be required, and we will rush to get the problem resolved as fast as possible with the least inconvenience as possible. We understand the impact that a broken freezer or ice machine can have on a business. So we work hard and fast to get your problems resolved.
We specialize in cooling systems and commercial refrigeration warranty service for:
- Walk-in Coolers & Freezers
- Restaurant Refrigeration
- Supermarket Refrigeration
- Meat and Fish Markets Cold Storage
- Refrigerated Warehouses for Produce and Flowers
- Temperature controlled environments for perishable products.
Commercial Refrigeration Warranty service and repair
We serve all types of industrial and commercial refrigeration and provide warranty service for Manitowoc Foodservice Group. Here are just some of the industries we serve.
- Craft Breweries
- Grocery Stores
- Convenience stores
- Medical Facilities and Clinics
- Research Laboratories
- Schools Cafeterias
- Dorms and Nursing Homes
- Prisons and more
Commercial Refrigeration Preventive Maintenance
Commercial refrigeration equipment is a huge investment for your business. In order to keep your equipment running smoothly Boyd Refrigeration highly recommends performing regular preventive maintenance on all of your commercial refrigeration equipment. We recommend outsourcing with a company to have regularly scheduled preventive maintenance performed on all of your equipment to ensure that it is performing appropriately at all times. However, here are a few things that can be done at any time to help prevent problems, or even spot a potential issue before it becomes a big problem:
Walk in Coolers and Freezers
- Drains should be free of clogs
- Heat tape on the freezer drains is always fully operational
- The coils are free of debris
- All door gaskets should be properly secured to the frames and making a tight seal
- Door frame heaters should always be fully operational.
- Thoroughly read your manual and follow the manufacturer’s suggested cleaning cycle and schedule
- Ice bins should be sanitized at the same time the ice machine is being cleaned
- Water filters should be checked and cleaned every 3 to 6 months
- Ice bin drains should be free of clogs
Self-contained units—Under-counter door units, Under-counter drawer units, Upright coolers/freezers
- All drains should be free of clogs
- Condensing coils should be free of debris
- If the coils have filters, they should be changed, or cleaned, every 3 months
- Check that all gaskets are secured and making a tight seal
- All hinges should be secured and holding the doors square